Our main goal is to allow members to utilize the Club while at the same time going through the entire summer season without any members or employees getting infected with Covid-19. To accomplish this we will need everyone to be respectful of others and our new procedures.
MEMBERS: We ask that parents please have a conversation with their children about the new rules and remind them that we must continue to social distance and clean our hands often. It may be necessary for parents to provide a little extra supervision in the first few weeks to make sure their children understand the new procedures and how serious they are.
** Please be advised that the Pool Rules & Procedures may change as the summer progresses, as we see what works, and what needs to be altered. We will be revisiting pool hours and other pertinent pool processes and procedures weekly.
NOTE: The Club reserves the right to reduce the number of hours that the pool is open for member use.
POOL HOURS for June 26 - August 31 and Sept 5 - Sept 7
Family Swim Reservations: Monday – Sunday 9:30AM - 7:30PM (3 time slots available)
9:30AM - 12:30PM (12:30PM - 1:00PM closed for deep cleaning)
1:00PM - 4:00PM (4:00PM - 4:30PM closed for deep cleaning)
4:30PM - 7:30PM
This will be for families wishing to come and use the pool for a three-hour session. We will have both the main pool and kiddie pool open for use. There will be an extra lap lane, available on a first come, first serve basis (2 people at a time), for people with a family reservation to also swim laps.
Lap Swim ONLY Reservations: Monday – Sunday (6 time slots available)
9:30AM - 10:30AM 10:30AM - 11:30AM 11:30AM - 12:30PM 4:30PM - 5:30PM 5:30PM - 6:30PM 6:30PM - 7:30PM
This will be for individuals wishing to come to the pool to swim laps only. There will be lanes reserved for these swimmers. We will have a maximum of two people per lane and they must start/stop at opposite
ends of the pool. Planning Your Visit
CLUB RULES 2020
● To visit the pool this summer, all members will need to read through the pool rules (below), sign a waiver, and have paid both their 2020 membership dues and all outstanding fees in full.
○ If you already signed a waiver for use of the tennis courts, which was specific to tennis, you must also sign a new waiver that covers the use of all Club facilities including the pool.
○ A separate waiver must be signed for each individual adult member (children should be included on an adult waiver).
● Members will need to reserve a spot ahead of time using the Court Reserve App for visiting the pool. No drop-in visits will be allowed at the Club this summer.
● Family Reservations:
○ We will be maintaining an 80 person limit (to start) for each 3-hour Family Swim time slot,
therefore, you must register each individual in your family that is coming to the pool.
Children under 1 year of age do not need to be registered.
○ Reservations can be made no earlier than 3 days in advance and you will only be allowed
to book a reservation once every three days.
● Lap Swim Reservation:
○ There will be a 4 person limit for each 1-hour time slot.
○ Reservations can be made no earlier than 2 days in advance and you will only be allowed
to book a reservation once every two days.
● Due to limitations on Club capacity, we will monitor, evaluate, and update these restrictions as
necessary. If you cannot make your reservation, please cancel ASAP because there might be a waiting list for that day! Failure to show up for a reservation will be noted in the system. This will ensure that as many club members have an opportunity to use the pool as we can safely allow.
● Children under 12 years of age MUST be accompanied by a person 18 years of age or older who will be responsible for them. This includes children who are participating in swimming or diving programs.
● Unfortunately, we will not be allowing any guests at the pool this year. If you show up to the Club with guests, we will not be able to admit them.
● We will pre-check memberships on the Court Reserve App prior to the reservation session, so when you come to the entrance, we will ask for the names of everyone in your group. Please check your reservation time before coming to the pool to limit any confusion among members.
● You must wear a face mask that covers both the nose and mouth when entering and exiting the Club, when using the bathrooms, and whenever you are unable to socially distance from non-family members outside of the water. However, face masks are not allowed in the pool.
● There may be a line at the entrance, so we ask everyone to use social distancing while waiting in lines. We will have lines marked outside of the entrance to guide social distancing. If you arrive and the entrance line has reached the parking lot, please remain in your car until you can join the line without standing in the parking lot.
● When you arrive at the check-in booth, you will select an Umbrella Spot, which will be your designated seating area while you are at the Club. There will only be one umbrella allotted per family. We will be providing one lounge chair and one regular chair per umbrella, so you are encouraged to bring your own chairs if you need more seating. Please do NOT move the furniture that is provided by the Club. The chairs at the pool will be sanitized after each session.
● After each 3-hour time slot, all members will be asked to leave the pool grounds so the staff can deep clean the premises and prepare for the next group of members. We will need all members to strictly comply with this rule so as not to impinge on other members' use of pool time. Refusal to leave the Club by the end of your scheduled time slot will result in your pool privileges being suspended or revoked.
The Club is going to have to operate differently this summer as we are subject to and must comply with explicit regulations from the New York State Department of Health, as well as guidelines promulgated by the CDC, and Westchester County.
● Both pools will be available for everyone to enjoy (except the baby pool is only for children under 5 years of age, and swim diapers are not allowed in the main pool).
● Members must practice Social Distancing at all times - the State is requiring that all individuals in pool areas maintain a distance of at least six feet from other individuals at all times unless they are members of the same household or safety unit.
● The maximum size of any one group comprised of household members or a family unit is 10 people.
● Sanitizing stations will be available on the pool deck and in the bathrooms with spray bottles for surfaces and sanitizers for hands. Sanitizer will also be available at the front desk. Please feel free to bring your personal sanitizing gel or wipes as well.
● Wash/sanitize hands frequently.
● Bathrooms will be available on a limited basis. Only 2 individuals at a time. Children 6 and under must be supervised by an adult in the bathroom. We also ask that everyone make sure not to leave any paper products on the floors and to wash their hands thoroughly after using the bathrooms.
● Diaper changing must occur in the bathrooms.
● Bathrooms will be cleaned hourly by staff and then deep cleaned during each 30-minute break. A cleaning schedule will be posted for members to see.
● We will have one changing room available in each locker room. The showers will not be available this summer. We advise you to please plan to come to the pool and leave in your bathing suit.
● The Club will not be providing water jugs. Please bring your own water bottles.
● It has yet to be determined if the Clubhouse Grill will be open this summer.
● The playground and swings will be closed.
● The field will be open for families to use as long as they maintain appropriate social distancing from non-family members.
● We will not be making the Club available for birthday parties or other social events this summer.
● Ping Pong Tables will be available. Only two players at a time, no spectators, you can check out a sanitized paddle from the manager.
● Most importantly, if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms that may be caused by COVID-19, you and your family members should stay home - please don’t put other Club members at risk.
● If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have experienced symptoms that may have been caused by COVID-19, neither you nor any family members may visit the Club until you and all family members have either tested negative for COVID-19 or have completed the CDC recommended quarantine process and have not exhibited symptoms for at least 1 week.
All members must obey all directions from Club staff at all times regarding social distancing and must fully comply with these rules for the protection of themselves, other members, and Club staff. Failure to do so will result in your pool privileges being revoked.
*We realize that it will be a challenge for children to social distance the entire time that they are in the pool. Parents are responsible for monitoring their children at all times both in and out of the water, and for ensuring that they are not impinging on the space of other Club members.
● We will provide physical cues, wherever appropriate and safe, to help maintain social distancing both in the pool and around.
● You may bring your own goggles and swimming gear, but they must not be shared between individuals in different families.
● The water slide will be closed this summer.
● The diving board will be open only for organized Dive Clinics and private lessons.
● No floats are allowed in the main pool.
● Please do not bring any toys to the pool.
Tennis Players that do not have a pool reservation
● Members visiting the Club with a tennis reservation will have to use the path outside the pool fence to access the tennis courts.
● The gate between the tennis courts and the pool area will be open only for access to the bathrooms.
● Members who are at the Club for a Tennis reservation may not go into the pool area except to use the bathrooms when the pool is open (9AM - 7:30PM).
**Face masks must be worn while using the bathrooms.